What is this all about?
Finding an Ultimate Self-Care routine is simple. It’s all about tuning in to your needs – mentally, emotionally and physically – and doing things on purpose to take care of yourself. It’s about setting boundaries and putting YOU first.
Disclosure: This post might contain affiliate links. This means that if you later on decide to purchase something through these links, I might get rewarded through credits or money. At no extra cost to you. Rest assured that I would never link to a product I haven’t tested myself.
When was the last time you actually allowed yourself to slow down and do something that recharged you? Life can be busy and chaotic, and we rarely give ourselves a moment to rest. We end up putting our needs on the last rung of the ladder and we struggle because of it. Making self-care a part of your daily life is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being.
Here are 5 Benefits of an Ultimate Self-Care Routine:
1. More Productive: When you start making self-care a priority, you automatically become more intentional with your time. You learn to scratch the tasks or commitments that don’t align with your values and say yes to those that do. Instead of pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion, you begin to watch for signs that you’ve reached your limit and you simply stop. Self-care allows you to refresh and recharge. This way you can accomplish your to-do list in a much more efficient way.
2. Better Caregiver: It’s very hard to care for or give someone else your time and energy when you are running on empty. Self-care allows you to fill your cup first and recharge your batteries. Then you’ll have more to give to others when the time comes. No matter if you have small children or you’re taking care of an aging parent, the concept is the same. In order to operate at 100%, you have to make time for your own needs before anyone else’s. You’ll be much more compassionate and giving when you intentionally make yourself a priority.
3. More Gratitude: Practicing gratitude, in itself, is a powerful form of self-care. Gratitude can bring about many positive changes to your life. You’ll feel happier, more confident and less likely to put much thought into what you don’t have. Then you’ll start appreciating the small things that used to go unnoticed and make more time to reflect on what’s truly important. You become more aware of the blessings in your life when you intentionally start making yourself a priority.
4. Improved Physical Health: Through self-care, you take on a more proactive approach to your health and wellness. You begin seeing the importance of an active lifestyle. You’ll also start listening to your body when you need to relax and recharge. Nourishing your body with good food and taking yourself to the doctor on a regular basis are also part of a healthy self-care routine that can boost your immunity and keep sickness and fatigue at bay. You’ll find your energy levels will begin to skyrocket. And your mood will improve as well when you make self-care a priority in your daily routine.
5. Self-Love: What areas of your life could use a little more love and compassion? Self-care helps you to become much more aware of how you treat yourself inside and out. When you start taking care of your mind and body, it will be easier to see how you’ve neglected yourself over the years. It opens your eyes to the negative self-talk, unhealthy eating habits, and bad coping mechanisms you’ve allowed yourself to rely on. That awareness is key in bringing about more self-love into your life.
These are just a few of the many benefits of making self-care a priority in your life. It doesn’t take a lot of time, effort or money to begin, just a simple decision that you are going to start putting yourself first from this moment on.
Why not take a self-assessment test by clicking the image below, just to see how aware you are of your own self-care routines?